Davey source Yanmar® diesel engines to use with our Firefighter® fire pumps and Floodfighters® for moving large volumes of water. Ideal for locations where power is not available. Our shared company philosophies culminate in products that are rugged and reliable.
Davey are proud to announce the release of the NEW Davey Firefighter® Twin model 5248Y. This new model utilises the high quality Yanmar L48N6 diesel engine and Davey’s proven 5 Series Firefighter® Twin wet end, fitted with Davey’s new patented impeller inserts.
Yanmar: We promise to deliver advanced solutions through business models based on the core values of "reliability", "efficiency" and "innovation", in order to grow continuously with our customers.
- Fire Pumps - Firefighting
- Tank filling
- Garden watering
- Water transfer
- Crop spraying
WHY CHOOSE THE Davey Firefighter® Diesel Powered Self Priming Pumps?
- Firefighter® is the number 1 fire pump sold in Australia, the market leader and sold on mass, worldwide.
- All models (except 5110YE) feature patented clamped impeller design to enable longer impeller life, improved performance and easier disassembly in the case of blockage.
- Model 5110YE feature heavy duty sand cast impellers.
- Thrust balanced impeller design to extend engine life.
- Fire pump casing, diffusers and impellers manufactured from quality corrosion resistant marine grade aluminium for long life.
- 4 way discharge port for L70 equipped models and 3 way discharge for L100 equipped models providing easy installation with a choice of plumbing sizes.
- Epoxy coated fire pump casing, exterior and interior, for added corrosion resistance.
- Patented floating impeller neckrings front and back. The front neckring helps improve pumping efficiency, the back neckring helps extend seal life and dramatically reduce engine wear.
- Self priming from up to 5m at 3000rpm for more versatile use - can easily draw up from a swimming pool or a dam if needed in a fire emergency.
- Large priming and drain port with bayonet fit plugs. Plugs have a safety retention system and are available with 1/4" tapping to accept pressure gauges or drain cocks.
- All fire pump engines feature cast iron cylinder bore for long life.
- Electric start models have electric starter (battery, battery mount and leads required) and recoil starter fitted ensuring a choice of starting methods, even if the battery is flat or removed.
- Viton seal and oring kit available for herbicide/insecticide spraying.
- Attractive baked enamel roll frame with anti-vibration mounts for ease of transportation and installation.
- Electric Start models:
- Battery not included
- Minimum 12 volt battery required :
- L70: 24-36AH
- L100: 36-45AH